Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

And the Kaviar River runs dry.

I knew it was inevitable, but that doesn't damper the pain from finishing my first, last and only bottle of Kalles Kaviar. For those of you who don't know officially Kaviar "is a smoothish paste made with slightly smoked cod roe, rapeseed oil, salt and other spices and preservatives." Unofficially it is the nectar of the gods and is squeezed from the teat of Neptune, God of the Sea. It sounds somewhat revolting, but trust me when I say that it is tasty beyond comprehension. I am fairly certain that Elisabet purposefully addicted me to it to that I will always be reliant on her for my fix. I hope to break that reliance by finding some Kaviar for sale here in the states, but the chances are slim. Oh and Kalles is solely to thank for my newfound love for fresh tomatoes. There is nothing quite like a piece of toast with Kaviar, fresh sliced tomatoes, and thinly sliced swiss cheese. I have to stop talking about this now or I am going to eat my laptop.

I applied for a job at a specialty soup shop today and hope to hear back by tomorrow if I am hired. I am fairly certain that I am awesome enough to work there, however I may have shot myself in the foot by stating my distaste for working friday and saturday nights. I really need to learn to keep my mouth shut. Anyways, the pay isnt great but there are tips and the chance to pick up more hours, plus I am going to go crazy without something to do with my time other then thinking about Elisabet.

Nothing makes me want to own my own business more then applying for jobs. I cannot help but feel like a bum and a con man trying to get people to hire me. I wish I had job experience in areas that actually interest me, like teaching.


No comments: