Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Swedish television sucks

Swedish television is terrible, just terrible.

Granted, we only have 15 channels, only a handful of which have english programming, but what those few channels have disgusts me. If you live in the States you know you can turn on the TV at any time of the day and find Law and Order on some channel. Well in Sweden I turn on the TV and find a modeling, design, singing, or dancing show. There is this cultural obsession with these types of programs and it kills me inside. It doesnt help that Elisabet just eats this shit up, but I have found the answer.

I have begun....aquiring....all of the tv shows I have always wanted to see, but either havent had time or the channels to do so.

Oz- The entire show takes place in prison and is fucking brutal in its portrayal of what prison is like. I just finished the show today and it lived up to all the hype. I highly recommend this show, though the ending left me wanting. It seems as though JJ Abrams chose the cast of all of his shows from the cast of this show. Good choice Mr. Abrams.

Burn Notice- Bruce Campbell is in it, why more do you need to know? Its about a spy who gets fired and tries to figure out why, while helping people along the way. The show can be a little too episodic at times and neglectful of the overarcing story line, but the main character just carries the show. Oh and Bruce Campbell is in it.

Fringe- It is a new show, but it has piqued my interest. It is somewhat like the x-files but dealing with science instead of aliens. Time will tell if the show stays the course and if Joshua Jackson con avoid being a tool.

Always Sunny in Philidelphia- Funniest show on television, hands down. If you havent seen it watch "Sweet D dates a retarded guy." You'll thank me.

Oh, and I also have Weeds and The Wire to watch, but havent had the time yet.

No comments: